JUMP TO: »What's JUPEB »How It Works »JUPEB Examination Subjects »JUPEB Legibility »Programme Duration »Programme Eligibility »JUPEB Direct-entry Eligibility »Method of Application »Venue of programme »JUPEB FAQ »Enquiries
WHAT IS JUPEB: It is of the acronym Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board, It is a newly Approved, Proven & Certified Advanced level examination body established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (JUPEB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University. It has coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different affiliated study centers nationwide. The programme is specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the other, as the programme only requires candidates O'level results, also awaiting result candidates can Enrol.
- Approved: By the Federal Government has a platform for securing admission into higher institution in the country and abroad.
- Proven: Yearly, about 20,000 applicants put in for the programme in which more than 70% fraction successfully secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred institution & course of study.
- Certified: By Nigeria University Commission (NUC) has an Advanced level examination that qualify students into 200level via Direct Entry.
HOW JUPEB WORKS: Prospective JUPEB candidates are required to select any THREE (3) A/L JUPEB Subject Combination identified with their preferred course of study in the university be it Science, Art or Social Science Course. Candidates would then be lectured for the stipulated period at their respective Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On completion of the programme, successful candidates accordingly utilize their JUPEB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution via Direct Entry and some foreign universities. Admission is based strictly on merit and entry requirement is proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various Faculties.
JUPEB Examination Subjects: JUPEB currently offers examinations in the following nineteen (19) subjects as detailed in its syllabus.
|ARTS & HUMANITIES
||Christian Religious Studies
Islamic Religious Studies
|MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Arts , Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Sciences courses in all JUPEB-affiliated universities in Nigeria.
JUPEB LEGIBILITY / UNIVERSITIES ACCEPTING JUPEB: JUPEB certificate is presently recognised and accepted in more than 40% of Nigeria federal, state and private Universities. Thus, the following institutions are affiliates universities which as at 2015 accepts Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) for Direct Entry Admission;
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Akoka - Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti
- Babcock University, Ogun State
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota
- Chrisland University, Ogun State
- Crawford University, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Edwin Clark University, Delta State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfery Okoye, Oyo State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Mountain Top University
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Osun State University, Oshogbo
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State
- Paul University, Akwa
- Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode
- University of Port Harcourt
- Wellspring University, Irhirhi, Benin City.
PROGRAMME DURATION: JUPEB A'level programme runs for a minimum of one academic session divided in two(2) semesters.
PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY: The programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered be it Science, Art or Social Science.
JUPEB DIRECT-ENTRY ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB's Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
- Candidates must possess minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidates desired course of study in the University.
- Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate's grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
- The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D, E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper. For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Interested candidates can register with us to any of our partnering learning centers nationwide. To register, candidates are required to follow the procedures at our ➧Register Now page. The programme can also be applied for in any of the affiliated universities (stated above) that presently recognized it, prospective candidates are to visit the official website of the interested universities for registration instructions.
VENUE OF PROGRAMME: Registering for JUPEB intensive training & guidance for the examination with CERD NIGERIA, The venue of the programme depends on applicants choice, click to read the locations of all our partnering ➧JUPEB study centers nationwide!
JUPEB FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- Does JUPEB have an Official Website?
Yes, visit http://www.jupeb.edu.ng. Any other websites who claims to be JUPEB official website is only looking for victims to scam and defraud, so be warned! CERD Nigeria serve as a registered educational entity partnering with various affiliated JUPEB learning centres nationwide, with the sole aim of registering interested JUPEB applicants to various JUPEB centre that is closer to their location, that's the fair advantage we have over others.
- Why do we have differents JUPEB websites online?
It shoud be noted that JUPEB is moderated by University of Lagos (UNILAG), thus in a way to spread the operationability and acceptability of the programme, It thereby gives affiliation to different other institutions among learning centers nationwide. Therefore giving rise to different learning centres, and every of this centres strifes to own a website in other to promote their own JUPEB centre so as to get students registered.
However, not all these study centres or website(s) are accredited or affiliated to be operating the programme. It is for this reason we advise all prospective applicant of the programme to register with us, as we only partner with genuine study centers nationwide which is closer to applicant location among other benefits.
- Why do we have differents JUPEB numbers online giving diverse information?
As explained above, with various websites springing up everyday you are mostly likely to be seeing different numbers online giving you diverse information about the programme. Therefore be wary of numbers to call outside our website as you are most likely to be a victim of extort or scam. Thus we wont be held reponsible for any financial lost, you are however advised to direct all your enquiries, supports or complaints only to our official JUPEB helpline 0700-CERDNIGERIA (0700-23736443742), 08166609890 or 07084844897.
- How do i know genuine JUPEB website?
Apart from the official website and the official websites of the affiliated universities, any other websites who claims to be JUPEB official website is only looking for victims to scam. However, CERD Nigeria core value is transparency and flexibity, It is for this reason we partner with genuine affiliated learning centers nationwide. Thus, prospective aspirants are advised to register with us online to any of these our partnering study centres within their proximity.
- Why do we have so many JUPEB examination failure?
This is caused by applicants refusal to study in the right learning center either due to Ignorance, distance or financial budget.
- I already applied for JAMB, can i still apply for JUPEB?
Yes, this give such applicants multiple choice of admission.
- How guaranteed is the admission into 200level?
Basically, JUPEB is for the serious students, as yearly more than 90% of students who registered with us succesfully secure admission into their preferred university and course. Hence, our partnership with differents institutions gives our applicants higher advantages.
- How Much Does It Cost To Register and Study for JUPEB EXAM with CERD NIGERIA?
For registration and studying fees kindly refer to our ➧JUPEB programme fees!
- When am I to pay my tuition fee?
Tuition fee are to be paid either partly or in whole at applicant respective choosen study centres upon arrival for clearance and/or resumption. Thus, we encourage applicants to have financial possession of their fees before the clearance and/or resumption date on their registration printout.
- Why are your partnering study centres addresses not disclosed before registration?
This is so because, all our affiliated partnering study centres has limited numbers of students its can accommodate. Thus, candidates are expected to choose a centre of his/her choice depending on the centres that are still available (i.e not yet filled up) at the time of such registration. Therefore, it is advisable for prospective candidates to register in time, in other to meet up to their desired study centre location.
- How do i report JUPEB scam or fraud?
Kindly comment in details your ordeal by ➧clicking here or write to us at email@example.com, We would look into it and forward to the appropriate channel.
ENQUIRIES: For further information visit the ➧Official JUPEB Website or contact us on 0700-CERDNIGERIA (0700-23736443742), 08166609890, 07084844897 or visit the ➧Contact Us page for other alternatives.